Housing Tax Credit Program (LIHTC)
- Basic Info
- Related Information
The Housing Tax Credit Program allocates federal and state tax credits to owners of qualified rental properties who reserve all or a portion of their units for occupancy for low income tenants.
DCA offers a streamlined, single application to access funds available through the HOME Rental Housing Loan and Housing Tax Credit programs. Applicants can apply for 9% Tax Credits through the yearly Competitive Scoring Round and/or 4% Tax Credits (Bond Financed Developments) anytime during the year. There are no 4% specific Pre-Applications and Core Applications. Applicants wishing to apply for 4% tax credits should use the corresponding 9% Pre-Application, Core Application, and forms for the year in which they are applying. The Core Application may be corrected during the year, so Applicants (especially 4%) should always check for the most current version before submitting their application.
DCA's process for allocating funds through the Georgia Housing and Finance Authority is outlined in Georgia's Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP). This document describes (1) the federal and state resources available for financing rental housing through the plan, (2) the legislative requirements for distributing these resources, (3) the State's preference for the location and type of such housing, (4) the process used for evaluating applications and awarding these resources, and (5) program compliance requirements and procedures.
DCA accepts public input on the QAP throughout the year. Please click here to provide written input.
2020 9% APPLICATION PHASE 2 Document SUBMISSION DEADLINE
(PHASE 2: JULY 31, 2020)
To mitigate unnecessary exposure to coronavirus, 9% PHASE 2 Documents must be received via FedEx, USPS, or UPS.
- All applications must be received on or before 7/31/20.
- No in person submission/delivery will be accepted.
- Documents that have been submitted to DCA via email prior to 7/9/2020 will not need to be resubmitted to DCA.
- In the rare circumstance that FedEx, USPS, or UPS does not meet the delivery deadline as paid for and DCA receives the delivery on the 19th, the applicant/developer must be prepared to provide supporting documentation that the package was mailed no later than 7/30/20, AND that the applicant/developer paid for overnight/1-day delivery.
- DCA will send a confirmation email of receipt to each applicant. Please do not reach out for a confirmation prior to August 5, 2020 if you have not received one.
- ONLY documents highlighted in yellow on the 2020 Application Tabs Checklist will be accepted.
- Provide all Phase 2 documents on 2 flash drives inside a sealable bag which is attached inside of a 3 clasp binder.
All submissions must be submitted using the updated Phase 2 Application Submission Folders.
The 2020 Application Tabs Checklist and the 2020 9% Phase 2 July 31, 2020 Document Submission Folders are located here.
Georgia Department of Community Affairs
Housing Finance and Development Division
ATTN: Felecia Speakman
60 Executive Park South NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30329-2231
HFDD 2020 OHF Phase 2 Application Package
<<Enter Project Name here>>
<<Enter DCA Application Number here>>
Information Released on 6/3/2020
Last updated March 17, 2019