How do I make a GORA (open records) request?

DCA ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​RECORDS MANAGEMENT

​​Pursuant to the Georgia Open Records Act, all public records are available for inspection and copying unless they are specifically exempted from disclosure under the law.  A request to inspect or copy records may be made either orally or in writing; however, for purposes of documenting and clarifying the scope and timing of the request, it is DCA's strong preference that requests are made in writing.

As provided under O.C.G.A. §50-18-70, DCA may assess an hourly charge for administrative and clerical tasks related to the search, retrieval, review, and preparation of the agency's records. DCA's current rate is $25.00 per hour. There is no charge for the first quarter hour of time expended in record preparation. 

Prior to record retrieval, DCA will provide the requestor with a written cost estimate, detailing the cost of providing access to the requested records. Upon the requestor's acceptance of this estimate and prepayment (when prepayment may be required under applicable law), DCA
will initiate the preparation of the requested records.

Payment options are limited to checks and certified money orders.

Please send your records request to