NOTIFICATION OF A DCA PROGRAM VIOLATION
The DCA Office of Portfolio Management oversees program compliance for many of Georgia's State and Federally funded affordable housing programs. The majority of our residents under our programs reside in apartment communities that receive HOME funds or communities that are part of the Low Income Tax Credit Housing (LIHTC) program.
If you are solely attempting to notify the DCA of program violations concerning your Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and not any other DCA program, please click here, for further assistance.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
COVID 19 RELATED RESOURCES
CLICK HERE for an external Renters Resource Finder
OTHER RESIDENT RESOURCES
Please take a moment to review your rights as a tenant in any DCA affordable housing program. Find the Resident Concern Notice here.
Need more information regarding Georgia's rental laws? DCA has made the Georgia Landlord Tenant Handbook available online, here.
Here is a link to HUD resources for the State of Georgia
IN NEED OF HOUSING?
Click HERE to learn more about Georgia Housing Search and view your affordable housing options in Georgia
ONLINE NOTIFICATION FORMS FOR REPORTING CONCERNS
You should ALWAYS attempt to resolve your tenant concern with your landlord or management company prior to contacting the DCA. Our online forms below will ask you to comment on the communication with your management company or landlord, prior to contacting the DCA.
If you are a PROPERTY MANAGER or OWNER and you are seeking to respond to a recent tenant concern, please complete our online Management/Owner Response to Notification of Resident Concern.
FAIR HOUSING COMPLAINT?
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, handicap/disability, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, domestic partnership status, source of income, type of occupation, gender identity, or sexual orientation, in the admission to, access to, or treatment or employment in, our housing programs and activities. If you have a Fair Housing concern you can contact the Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) at www.HUD.gov.
How to File a Complaint
Note: You may always complete the DCA online Notification of a Resident Concern, regardless of whether you have or intend to contact HUD with the same concern.
The Georgia Fair Housing Act was passed to ensure all Georgians can compete for housing within their economic means on a fair and equitable basis. It prohibits discrimination in housing and housing-related activities because of disability, race, sex, color, national origin, religion, or familial status.
• Refusing to rent or sell a house.
• Falsely denying that a house is available for inspection, sale, or rent.
• Offering different terms, conditions, or privileges for certain people.
• Intimidating, interfering with, or coercing someone to prevent them from buying or leasing a dwelling.
• Advertising or posting notices, sale or rental, that indicate a preference, limitation, or discrimination.
• Discriminating through financing or broker’s services.
• “Steering” of clients by real estate agents to or from certain neighborhoods and of tenants by landlords to or from certain areas of the complex.
• Name & address of the person your complaint is against
• Address or other identification of the housing involved
• Short description of the incident
• Date(s) of the incident
You may also file a complaint online at http://www.hud.gov/. Once a complaint is filed, fair housing investigators will:
1) Investigate the complaint.
2) Collect relevant facts and data and interview parties and witnesses.
3) Assist both parties in reaching an agreement.
4) Make a determination based on the investigation findings.
If you need assistance, please contact the Georgia Department of Community Affairs Fair Housing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Georgia Commission on Equal Opportunity U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, SE Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) Center
Suite 1002 – West Tower 40 Marietta Street
Atlanta, Georgia 30334 Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 656-1736 Phone: (404) 331-5140
Toll free: (800) 473-OPEN Toll free: (800) 440-8091
Fax: 404-656-4399 TTY (404) 730-2654
Se habla Español.