Community Planning Institute
- Basic Info
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a series of classes called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development, as well as for efficient management of local water resources.
Community Planning Institute (CPI)
SpringHill Suites Athens Downtown/University Area
November 15 - 16, 2018
The CPI registration is full!
CPI Presentations & Agenda can be viewed and downloaded by accessing Presentations Icon at the bottom of this webpage.
Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abbound Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at The Georgia Planning Association website. For more information, click on the lbutton link at the bottom of the page.
This class provides:
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
- Other plan implementation tools such as zoning or form-based codes.
For Agenda information click on the Agendas button link at the bottom of the page.