Community Planning Institute
- Basic Info
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers a series of classes called the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development.
Community Planning Institute (CPI) - Fall 2020
***Due to the current public health emergency, the fall Community Planning Institute that was originally scheduled for November 12-13 has been postponed until further notice. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to contact Ebony Simpson at 912-663-9865 or firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan is a 2-day class that covers the local planning process. You may be eligible for a scholarship for this CPI Class through the Denise Abboud Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at The Georgia Planning Association website. For more information, click on the buttons link at the bottom of the page.
This class provides
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements;
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future;
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities;
- Other plan implementation tools such as zoning or form-based codes.
To view the previous agenda, click on the Agendas button link at the bottom of the page.