The Georgia Preferential Property Tax Assessment Program for Rehabilitated Historic Property allows eligible participants to apply for an 8 1/2 -year property tax assessment freeze. The Georgia Preferential Property Tax Assessment Program Fact Sheet provides an overview of the state tax abatement program and those properties that may be eligible to apply for this incentive.
- Digital Application Instructions
- Georgia Preferential Property Tax Assessment Program Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions (Tax)
How to apply...
In order to apply for the Georgia Preferential Property Tax Assessment Program, HPD needs several items to review your project:
- Application Form
- Photographs (of the entire property, inside and out. See: HPD's Photo Guide (pdf))
- Photo Key (copy of a floor plan keyed to show where photos were taken. See: HPD's Photo Guide (pdf))
- Rehab floor plan of the building
- State Part A Application (pdf)
Download this fillable PDF with hints that appear while hovering your mouse over a form field. The application must be printed with an original signature. Please use the blank Work Description Page (pdf) for additional work descriptions.
WARNING: Projects that are initially submitted substantially complete or that do not comply with DNR’s conditions included in our project review letter may preclude use of tax credits.
- Part B Form
Please be aware that you need to fill out both the Part B Credit signature page and Part B Property Freeze signature page if you are applying for both programs.
- Substantial Rehabilitation Worksheet (pdf)
- DNR Standards of Rehabilitation (pdf)
- NPS: Preservation Briefs
- Preservation Tech Notes
- NPS: Interpreting the Standards
- HPD Technical Assistance
Send all completed applications and supplemental information to:
Historic Preservation Division
Georgia Department of Community Affairs
Attn: Tax Incentives Coordinator
60 Executive Park South, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329