The purpose of the OneGeorgia Equity Fund is to provide a program of financial investments that includes grants, loans, grant/loan combinations and any other forms of assistance authorized by (O.C.G.A. 50-34-1et seq.) to finance activities that will assist applicants in promoting the economic security and creation and retention of economic opportunities for the citizens of the state through the development and retention of employment opportunities in rural areas of the state. In carrying out the purposes of the Equity Program, proposals that invoke cooperation, collaboration and regional partnerships between local governments and public and private-sector partners shall always receive the greatest consideration for assistance.
Units of general-purpose local government (e.g., city, county, consolidated government), as well as local, regional, and state authorities, generally in partnership with a housing developer, are eligible to apply. The OneGeorgia Authority will also consider offering loans to private developers, including not-for-profits and community housing development organizations, to further the objectives of this initiative. Prospective applicants should consult the Authority with questions about eligibility.
Additional eligibility requirements include the following:
- Applicants may only submit applications for activities within OneGeorgia eligible and conditionally eligible counties. For purposes of this initiative, both eligible and conditionally eligible counties are considered eligible.
- Local government applicants must be in compliance with the audit report and grant certification form submission requirements contained in O.C.G.A. 36-81-7 and 86-81-8.1.
- Local government and authority applicants must be current and in compliance with all reporting, audit, and survey requirements, as required by statute.
- Prior recipients of OneGeorgia funding must resolve any outstanding audit and/or compliance monitoring findings or deficiencies prior to submitting an application. Sanctions associated with any other OneGeorgia grant will also apply to this initiative.
Grant and Loan Amounts
Infrastructure grants are limited to no more than $2,500,000 per application and development. Construction finance is limited to no more than $1,000,000 per applicant and development. The Authority reserves the right to fund, in whole or in part, any, all, or none of the applications submitted in response to this NOFA. Applications for less than $250,000 will not be accepted; however, the Authority reserves the ability to waive minimum and maximum funding limits at its discretion.
Workforce housing funds will be awarded on a competitive basis to projects that demonstrate an ability to address:
- Ongoing workforce housing needs, as identified by a recent housing study;
- Difficulty satisfying workforce needs in communities or regions with low unemployment; or
- A community or regional commitment to expand and improve existing housing stock.
Online Applications are accepted quarterly on the 2nd Friday of the following months: January, April, July, and October