Application for $3 million in grant funds for housing to be released Sept. 4
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) released a grant application today for approximately $3 million in new Community HOME Investment Program (CHIP) grants.
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs will make available $3,000,000 in Community HOME Investment Program (CHIP) grant funds to local government, nonprofit, and public housing authority applicants to provide housing rehabilitation of owner-occupied single family homes and new construction and reconstruction of affordable single-family housing units for sale to income eligible home buyers.
The program is funded with federal HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) funds and is subject to federal HOME regulations (24 CFR Parts 91 and 92) and any amendments thereto. The regulations governing the use of HOME funds may be found here.
• Current CHIP grantees with more than 50% of CHIP funds expended on Jan. 31, 2020
• City and County Governments in Georgia excluding HUD HOME Participating Jurisdictions government receiving HUD HOME funds directly
• Public Housing Authorities
• Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(4) tax exempt status
Eligible activities and funding limits:
- $300,000 available for housing rehabilitation of owner-occupied single-family homes; and
- $600,000 available for new construction and reconstruction of affordable single-family homes for sale to income-eligible homebuyers
The application and instructions will be available online on Sept. 4.
An informational webinar will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 18 from 10:00-11:00 am and will be recorded and posted on the DCA website to be viewed later. Register here.
Download the full press release here.