- Basic Info
1099-Misc correction Information
After printing the 2018 1099-MISC forms, we realize we did not capture the full calendar year. We are currently working with our vendor to make the correction, so please look for a corrected 1099-MISC in the mail within the next two weeks. However, all 1099-MISC forms have been updated in the landlord portal as of Friday February 1st. Please disregard any previous 1099-MISC forms you might have received or viewed from your landlord portal prior to Friday February 1st.
We greatly apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCV) was created in 1974 and is a three way partnership between the owner/agent, Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA), and the family. It is a tenant-based program which assists low income families rent safe, decent, and affordable housing in the private market by offering assistance payments directly to the owner on behalf of the family. The subsidy remains with the family; it is not attached to the dwelling unit. The amount of subsidy is based on the family's income.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program is designed to achieve four major objectives:
- To provide improved living conditions for low and very low income families while maintaining their rent payments at an affordable level;
- To promote freedom of housing choice and integrate lower income and minority families into mainstream society;
- To provide decent, safe, and affordable housing for eligible participants; and
- To provide an incentive to private property owners to rent to lower income families by offering timely assistance payments.
- Screen families who apply to determine their suitability as renters.
- Comply with fair housing laws.
- Maintain the housing unit by making necessary repairs in a timely manner and reporting their completion to DCA.
- Comply with the terms of the HAP Contract.
- Collect the rent due by the tenant and comply with and enforce the lease