2022 CoC Supplemental Competition to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness (Special NOFO)
- Basic Info
August 9, 2022 - The FY2022 Georgia Balance of State Continuum of Care Special Competition to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness is now open (Special NOFO). The Georgia Balance of State CoC Board of Directors is seeking applications from eligible projects as outlined in the Special NOFO Competition policy and related materials listed below. All prospective 2022 applicants under the Special NOFO may review full details of the requirements as they are released on this page.
On June 22, 2022, the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) released a first-of-its-kind package of resources to address unsheltered homelessness and homeless encampments, including funds set aside specifically to address homelessness in rural communities. HUD is providing CoCs the opportunity to submit project applications for two funding opportunities through this Special NOFO: (1) Unsheltered Homelessness Set Aside and (2) Rural Set Aside. CoCs may apply for projects under one or both funding opportunities as follows:
Unsheltered Homelessness Set Aside. Projects included in this funding opportunity may serve any geographic area within the CoC and must meet all eligibility and quality threshold requirements established in this Special NOFO. A CoC’s maximum award amount for this funding opportunity is described in Section III.J of the NOFO.
Rural Set Aside. Projects included in this funding opportunity must serve geographic areas that meet the definition of “rural area” as defined in Section III.C.2.k of the NOFO and meet all eligibility and quality threshold requirements established in this Special NOFO. CoCs whose geographic areas do not include any rural areas are not eligible for funding under this funding opportunity. A CoC’s maximum award amount for this funding opportunity is described in Section III.J of the NOFO.
Please note, this competition is separate from the annual competition. As information is available for the regular competition that is held annually, it will be posted on the 2022 CoC Competition - Annual Competition page.
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs, as Collaborative Applicant for the Balance of State CoC, is committed to providing all persons with equal access to its services, programs, activities, education and employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, disability or age. Additional information can be found on DCA’s Fair Housing Statement page at https://dca.ga.gov/fairhousing. For a reasonable accommodation or if you need an alternative format or language, please contact Tina Moore at: 404-327-6870 or email email@example.com.
2022 Balance of State Continuum of Care Special NOFO Application Documents
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Supplemental NOFO Application (not available)
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Supplemental NOFO Project Priority Listing (not available)
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Supplemental NOFO Project Ranking Chart (not available)
BoS CoC Policy - Supplemental NOFO
- 2022 Georgia BoS CoC Special NOFO Competition Policy - Includes DEADLINES
- Outline of Overarching Policy Priorities Highlighted in 2022 Special NOFO
BoS CoC Webinars - Georgia BoS Special NOFO Applicant Webinars
- 2022 Georgia BoS CoC Special NOFO Applicant Webinar Presentation - SAVE THE DATE - Registration Links can be found in the Competition Policy
- Thursday, August 11, 2022 (10:00 AM)
- Monday, August 15, 2022 (3:00 PM)
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 (12:00 PM Noon)
Proposal Outline, Application Documents, and Certifications - Supplemental NOFO
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Proposal Outline - Special NOFO
- 2022 BoS CoC NEW Special NOFO Project Review Application
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Special NOFO - Competition Certification-Policy Addendum
- 2022 Balance of State CoC Special NOFO - Coordinated Entry Policy Addendum