USDA joins 3rd Federal Opportunity Zones Conference
City and county government officials on all levels are invited to attend the 3rd Federal Opportunity Zones Conference on April 30 at Ogeechee Technical College in Statesboro. Hosted by the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, this one-day session will focus on educating FOZ communities on updated legislation, current types of investments happening in these zones, and what community leaders need to know about developing their own community plan to attract investors.
Reggie Taylor from USDA will be joining the group of presenters. Returning partners include Novogradac & Company LLP and Peachtree Providence Partners.
The agenda is as follows:
- 8:45 AM – Registration
- 9:30 AM – Welcome: Commissioner Christopher Nunn, Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- 9:45 AM – Overview and Rules Update: Walter Davis, Peachtree Providence Partners
- 10:15 AM – Deals Happening Now: Walter Davis & Christopher Nunn
- 11:15 AM – How To Prepare Your Community Plan: Brad Elphick, Novogradac & Company LLP
- Noon – USDA & FOZ: Reggie Taylor, USDA
- 12:15PM – Remarks: Commissioner Pat Wilson, Georgia Department of Economic Development
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 1:15 PM – DCA Interactive Website Tutorial
- 2 PM – Adjourn
This event is free to attend but registration is highly encouraged. The conference will be held in the Natural Resources Building (Oak Room) at 20 Joe Kennedy Boulevard, Statesboro, GA 30458. A lunch buffet will be available.
Hotel reservations can be made at the following locations:
- Holiday Inn Express (455 Commerce Drive, Statesboro, GA 30461)
- Springhill Suites Statesboro University Area (105 Springhill Drive, Statesboro, GA 30458)
Room rates (approx. $98) are on a space-available basis; mention the DCA FOZ conference when inquiring about the room rate.
For more information, contact Holly Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-679-3144.