DCA celebrates Fair Housing Month with partnership, training
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs is sponsoring a Fair Housing and Accessibility Training Session on April 25 from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the James H. “Sloppy” Floyd Building, 20th floor, at 220 Piedmont Avenue SE, Atlanta, GA, 30334. This event is in partnership with the E&A Team, Inc., a company that has provided inspections, services and products to the multifamily housing industry since 1982.
E&A Team, Inc. trainers Mark English and Scott P. Moore will lead the sessions. Topics are as follows:
- Top Five Accessibility Myths
- Why ADA Should Not be a Priority at Your Site
- Accessibility Testers and New Methods to Look at Your Site
- The Future of Accessibility
- Criminal Background Checks
- Reasonable Modifications and Reasonable Accommodations
- Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination
- Assistance, Service and Companion Animals
Registration is $250 per person and can be completed online. Group discounts are as follows and will be calculated automatically online:
- 5-9 people: 5%
- 10-14 people: 10%
- 15+ people: 15%
Sessions start at 8:30 a.m. Lunch and snacks will be provided to registered attendees.
For more information, visit the website or call 888-504-7483.