Community Planning Institute heading to Thomasville
The DCA Office of Planning, in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association, offers the Community Planning Institute to Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. The Institute provides information about planning for land use, growth and development.
“CPI: Preparing and Implementing your Comprehensive Plan” is scheduled for Nov. 14-15 in Thomasville. This class provides:
- An overview of the importance of community planning– why we plan and who should be involved;
- A review of Georgia’s planning requirements
- How to engage your constituents in envisioning and planning for their future
- Plan implementation tools, including successful examples from PlanFirst communities
- Other plan implementation tools such as local planning case studies, zoning, or form-based codes
Scholarships are available through the Denise Abboud Memorial Fund through the Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation. Visit their website for more information.