Community Planning Institute to educate government officials, staff
The Georgia Department of Community Affairs will host its Spring Community Planning Institute on May 9-10 in Madison. The 2-day workshop is offered by DCA’s Office of Planning in partnership with the Georgia Planning Association.
The series of classes is for Georgia’s planning commissioners, elected officials and local government staff. CPI provides information about planning for land use, growth and development. The focus is on preparing and implementing comprehensive plans. This is also an opportunity for attendees to earn AICP Certification Maintenance credits.
The topics include but are not limited to:
- Planning Essentials in Georgia
- Rules for Local Comprehensive Planning in Georgia
- Incentive Programs for Revitalizing Your Downtown
- Community Engagement and Comprehensive Planning
- Regulatory Tools for Implementation
There will also be a tour of Madison. Breakfast and lunch will be available for all registered participants. CPI will take place at the City of Madison Public Safety Building (160 North Main Street, Suite 400 [High Street entrance], ZIP code 30650).
An “Early Bird Special” will be offered from now through April 19.
- $100 for Regional Commission staffers ($130 starting April 20)
- $140 for Standard Registration ($170 after April 20)
- Free for the first 2 registrants from PlanFirst Communities
Scholarships are available through the Denise Abboud Memorial Fund, Georgia Planning Memorial Foundation at the Georgia Planning Association website.