Public Hearing on Georgia's proposed 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan
PUBLIC NOTICE of a PUBLIC HEARING on
GEORGIA'S PROPOSED 2018-2022 CONSOLIDATED PLAN
The State of Georgia will host a public hearing to present its proposed 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan (Plan). The Plan was developed using a combination of needs assessments and stakeholder and resident feedback. The resulting Plan identifies housing and community development needs, complementary strategies for meeting housing and community development needs, and actions for affirmatively furthering fair housing in the state of Georgia.
This Public Hearing for the Proposed 2018-2022 Consolidated Plan will be held:
March 29, 2018 @ 12:00 p.m.
Conference Room 202
Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA)
60 Executive Park South NE
Atlanta, GA 30329-2231
The public comment period for the Plan is open from March 16, 2018, through April 16, 2018.
The Plan indicates how anticipated funds received from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will be implemented over 2018-2022 for the following programs: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME), Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG), Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA), and the National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) Programs.
The Plan provides strategies and investments of resources to address housing and community development needs, barriers to fair housing, and lead-based paint hazards. The Plan includes all records of citizen participation/consultation. The Plan also includes the:
- FFY 2018/SFY 2019 Annual Action Plan, the first-year implementation of the five-year (2018-2022) Consolidated Plan.
- Citizen Participation Plan, the document that outlines how the State of Georgia will engage residents and stakeholders in the development of the Consolidated Plan and subsidiary documents.
The State of Georgia encourages all of its residents, sub-recipients and grantees, public agencies, and other interested parties to attend this public hearing and submit any written comments to the agency.
Georgia Department of Community Affairs
ATTN: CONSOLIDATED PLAN PUBLIC COMMENTS
60 Executive Park South, Atlanta, Georgia 30329
Please contact DCA at firstname.lastname@example.org (TDD: 404-679-4915) for any necessary accommodation:
- Call-in information to virtually participate in this public hearing.
- DCA is prepared to provide appropriate language services for non-English-speaking (LEP) individuals. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, and/or Vietnamese interpreters can be made available upon request. Please identify any language services needed 10 days prior to the public hearing, including in which language(s) such services are required.
Translation of the notice and interpretation services for this event are available upon request.
Traducción de la notificación y servicios de interpretación para este evento están disponibles a pedido.
- DCA complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Individuals with disabilities who may need auxiliary aids or special modification to participate in the public comment process should call (404) 679-4915 or email email@example.com.
- Individuals seeking reasonable accommodations or with specific ADA needs should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit https://dca.ga.gov/fairhousing for more information.