COVID-19 Update: Commissioner's Message & Agency Updates
- Basic Info
As our state and world continue to adjust to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Georgia Department of Community Affairs strives to uphold our mission of helping to build strong, vibrant communities by being available to you.
DCA remains open to serve our customers, but we have changed our business operations in order to protect the health of our employees and customers.
- We’ve suspended face-to-face interactions for those who need to access our services and encourage people to email, call, or use our website.
- Due to statewide teleworking recommendations, most of our team is working from home.
- A limited number of staff remain on-site at our locations to ensure our programs and services continue without interruption.
DCA is actively involved in helping the State respond to the challenges created by COVID-19. Areas of involvement include:
- Affordable Housing: Our housing team is collaborating with federal partners to ensure that participants in our Housing Choice Voucher Program (formerly Section 8) remain stably housed and that the supply of affordable rental units in Georgia remains strong. Our State Home Mortgage team has also made accommodations for homeowners, and our Housing Tax Credit program has released interim policy updates and FAQs.
- Homelessness: Leading the Balance of State Continuum of Care, DCA leverages the considerable network of statewide non-profit and faith-based providers who serve our most vulnerable populations. We are working closely with the Governor’s Task Force on Homelessness, federal funding sources, and our network of programs and providers to deliver resources and technical expertise.
- Broadband: With demand for internet access at an all-time high as families work and educate from home as well as the necessity of telehealth and telemedicine, the Georgia Broadband Deployment Initiative is leveraging its broadband expertise and network of providers to ensure Georgians have access to any and all available resources.
- Economic Development: DCA is reviewing all of its economic development programs to ensure these tools remain responsive to the needs of the communities we serve. DCA aims to be a vital partner in helping local communities drive an economic recovery.
- Community Development: Our Regional Services team is reaching out to local governments to understand the unique challenges they are experiencing and determine how DCA can assist with immediate response and longer-term recovery.
Additional information about COVID-19, including preventative measures and updates, are available on these websites:
- Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH)
- Centers for Disease and Control (CDC)
- Avoid Coronavirus Scams
We stand with you as you continue to navigate these challenging times, and we are committed to providing you with essential information, resources, and support.