The Rural Innovation Fund will provide financial assistance to eligible applicants when the health, welfare, safety, and economic security of the citizens of the state are promoted through the development or retention of economic and employment opportunities.
Eligible Applicants and Recipients
- Eligible applicants and recipients of grant funds awarded under this program shall include, but are not limited to, general purpose local governments; local government authorities; joint or multi-county development authorities; state entities; or any combination of the above.
- All local government units which are party to an application must comply, where applicable, with the requirements regarding comprehensive planning (O.C.G.A. 50-8-1, et seq), report of local government finances (O.C.G.A. 36-81-8(b)), local service delivery strategies (O.C.G.A. 36-70-1, et seq), and local government authority registration (O.C.G.A. 36-80-8, et seq).
- The OneGeorgia Authority will establish and announce funding availability. Applications will be accepted throughout the fiscal year.
- Eligible applicants must complete a mandatory initial project assessment in a format and manner required by the OneGeorgia Authority to determine the proposed activity’s eligibility for the Rural Innovation Fund.
- If the OneGeorgia Authority approves the initial project assessment, eligible applicants must apply for loan or grant funding in a format and manner required by the Authority.
- In consultation with the Executive Director of the OneGeorgia Authority, the Governor, Chairman of the State House Appropriations Committee, Chairman of the State Senate Appropriations Committee, and Director of the Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget will review each application to determine whether the project should receive loan or grant funding.
- Grants or loan awards are not limited in amount.
- Specific terms and conditions of any funding will be detailed in an award agreement between the OneGeorgia Authority and the grant or loan recipient. As a condition of receiving assistance, a recipient will be required to acknowledge terms and conditions for funding, which may include repayment, recapture, or deobligation of part or all of the funding if:
a. The project does not materialize as certified by the recipient;
b. The recipient violates the terms of the award agreement; or
c. The recipient fails to comply with federal or state law.
Online Applications are accepted quarterly on the 2nd Friday of the following months: January, April, July, and October
For more information on Eligible Activities and Project Evaluation open the Rural Innovation Fund Rules