Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
Program Description | Downloads & Related Links
"If you are looking for homeless assistance for yourself or someone you know, please visit our Homeless Assistance Directory
The Georgia Homeless Management Information Systems (GHMIS) is intended to provide a community with an unduplicated count of its
homeless population. HUD requires each Continuum of Care to implement an HMIS System to
report jurisdictional data, and to contribute data to the upcoming Annual Homeless Assessment Report.
With the exception of Columbus-Muscogee, Georgia's Continuums have developed a partnership to implement Pathways Compass to serve as its HMIS. In addition to collecting data Pathways Compass facilitates collaborative
case management, thus giving each service provider a more comprehensive client history and preventing the duplication of services.
The use of HMIS is not restricted to organizations receiving public funds; all providers of homeless services and/or shelter are
encouraged to participate. If you are not now participating and wish to participate, please contact the Continuum of Care lead (link) for your locality.
Georgia HMIS Governance
The Georgia Homeless Management Information System partnership (GHMIS) has developed an initial "Governance Charter" to outline the governance roles, responsibilities, relationship, and authorities of Georgia’s eight (8) participating Continua of Care (Atlanta, Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Augusta-Richmond, Savannah-Chatham, Athens-Clarke, and the Balance of State, hereinafter referred to as “the Continua”), the HMIS Lead Agency [the Georgia Housing and Finance Authority (GHFA)], and participating agencies.
The governance charter is designed to ensure the operation of and consistent participation in the GHMIS for the purpose of meeting HUD requirements and making planning and funding decisions. Where Continuums share a single HMIS implementation, it is important for data quality and other standards to be established for the entire HMIS implementation.
Through its Balance of State Continuum of Care (BoS Continuum) portfolio, and since 2003, GHFA funds many of the essential functions of the GHMIS implementation in compliance with the HUD Data Standards. As such, GHFA serves as the HMIS Lead for the eight (8) Continuums participating in the GHMIS implementation. By participating in the GHMIS implementation, the Continuums agree to adopt the initial terms of the By Laws, as linked below:
Georgia HMIS Documents
Georgia HMIS Forms
- HMIS Annual Assessment-ES, Outreach
- HMIS Annual Assessment-TH, PH, SVCS, RRH, PREV
- HMIS Discharge Form for ES, Outreach
- HMIS Discharge Form-TH, PH, SVCS, RRH, PREV
- HMIS HOPWA Discharge Form
- HMIS HOPWA Intake Form
- HMIS HOPWA Update-Annual Assessment
- HMIS Intake Form ES, Outreach
- HMIS Intake Form-TH, PH, SVCS, RRH, PREV
- HMIS New Agency Form
Georgia HMIS Training Videos
- Login and Basic Navigation This video covers how to login, navigate the different workspaces, add/remove favorites, and change your password.
- Enrolling a Client: This video covers the proper way to search for a client and do a complete intake on a client.
- Exiting a Client: This video covers the complete process on how to exit a client from a project.
- Recording Services: This video covers how to record services using the standard form, quick services, and case notes w/services form, as well as how to delete and restore services. You’ll also learn how to use the Quick Services Multiple Clients feature.
- Security and Client Confidentiality: This video covers how client sharing and restrictions work on the client record level, as well as data level).
- Submitting Issues: This videos covers how to submit a ticket within ClientTrack, and best practices for doing so.
- Basic Data Editing: This video covers making changes to data you have previously recorded in the system. It will show you how to correct data on enrollments, assessments, and services.
- Case Assignments and Case Load: This video covers how Case Assignments work in relation to enrollments, and how to manage your Case Load.
- Annual and During Program Enrollment Assessments: This video covers how to complete an Annual Assessment, Project Enrollment Assessment while in the project, as well as how to edit a pre-existing assessment.
- Project Specific Assessments and Services (RRH, SSVF, Etc): This video covers How-To’s specific for project types such as: RRH, SSVF, Etc.
- Miscellaneous : How-To’s This video covers the following topics and the time at which the topic appears in the video
- Paused Workflows (0:26)
- Notifications (2:38)
- Interested Others (7:20)
- Contact Information and Address History (8:44)
- Alias History (11:16)
- Client Photos (12:13)
- Uploading Documents (14:09)
- Printing from ClientTrack (17:14)
- Exporting to Excel (19:00)
- Adding Favorites (22:09)
- Recording Case Notes: This video covers how to record case notes for clients.
- Recording Referrals: This video covers how to send and receive referrals in ClientTrack.
- Editing Family Members: This video covers how to move a family member from one family to another, as well as how to remove a family member and create a brand new family account for them to be moved into.
- Initial User Training: This video is required for all users to view before they are given access to Georgia’s HMIS. It contains the following topics and the time at which the topic appears in the video
- Login and Basic Navigation: (0:26)
- Enrolling a Client: (16:06)
- Recording Services: (49:11)
- Recording Referrals: (1:00:05)
- Annual and During Program Enrollment Assessments: (1:02:07)
- Exiting a Client: (1:11:05)
- Security and Client Confidentiality: (1:20:25)
- Submitting Issues: (1:29:04)
GHFA / DCA HMIS Subgrantees
Downloads & Related Links
Additional Information - HUD Documents
Please contact Josh Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org