2008AR-019 Shannon Estates
Office of Affordable Housing (OAH)
Waterford is a high-quality single family community at affordable rental rates. In addition to providing a gazebo, covered pavilion w/ BBQ facility, community garden, playground and equipped walking path with sitting areas, there will be a clubhouse equipped with a kitchen, fitness center, business center with computer stations, children’s activity room, library and laundry room complete with 3 washer and 3 dryers all for the convenience of residents.
Waterford will consist of 56 brand new, three and four-bedroom affordable homes. Affordability is illustrated by:
- 34 of the rentable Homes are offered to those earning 50% of the area median income
- 16 of the rentable Homes are offered to those earning 60% of the area median income
- 6 of the rentable Homes are offered at market rents with NO income restrictions
In an effort to combat the rising cost of utilities, various energy-efficient systems will be utilized with the expressed goal to increase building efficiency and lower energy costs via the EarthCraft House program certification. The EarthCraft House program serves as a blueprint for energy and resource efficient homes.
Each model includes:
- A handsomely appointed kitchen complete with dishwasher, garbage disposal, electric range/oven with an exhaust hood, microwave and a frost-free refrigerator/freezer with icemaker.
- Full bathroom(s) with all the newest features, tub and shower combination, linen closet, one-piece vanity top, and vinyl floor.
- Spacious walk-in closets.
- Washer/Dryer hook-ups.
- Ceiling fans in living rooms and all bedrooms.
- Front and back Porches.
- Separate exterior storage attached to rear porch
- Cable TV available in each bedroom and living room.
- Fire alarms.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning.
- Energy-efficient heat pumps.
- Maintenance includes home interior service, lawns, landscaping, and pest control.
Owners expect this project to create 3 - 5 permanent jobs, and to maintain 100 – 150 existing jobs, primarily in construction and related trades.
Waterford Estates is located on the northeast corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and Riverview Road in Dublin, Laurens County.
Selected OAH ARRA Projects
OAH ARRA Information
Main OAH Web Page